OK backing up about two months here because I have only gotten more behind on my blog. It's true what they say, it definitely gets busier as they get older! But...in my opinion, it is still easier than twin babies or twin toddlers, or two sets of twin babies and toddlers. Aack! So we're always on the go but this suits me better, and quite honestly I love seeing them involved in all their stuff.
So quite the funny story about Ashley and Reagan and losing their first teeth. (Sniff, sniff.) It does make me sad to see the baby teeth go. That is the last thing I feel like there is from babyhood. I love precious little baby teeth and cute little smiles with those tiny little teeth. So Reagan's first tooth had been lose since the beginning of the school year (so for, like, 8 months). Like my older girls, hers took forever before it came out. The permanent tooth was fully grown in behind it. We knew it was getting super close and then one day we're driving to dance and when we get out of the car to go in, she tells me it got even looser. I'm looking at it, and it's finally at the point where it is literally hanging. I know that I must pull it. And let me tell you I'm a squeamish person. I'm always terrified when Mike pulls their teeth that the teeth are not ready. I knew this one had to go immediately, before dance class. So I took her in the bathroom, got a paper towel, and yanked it out. Bleck. Then she saw it bleeding and she got all upset. She didn't want to go into dance and she just needed a few minutes to mourn the loss of her tooth.
Meanwhile, Ashley had gone into class. She, too, had a loose tooth, but it was nowhere near as loose as Reagan's had been. Reagan finally went back into class and showed the class she had lost a tooth. Well then I noticed Ashley really wiggling her tooth instead of following along in her dance class. And funny enough, a LOT of the kids were wiggling loose teeth in there after the excitement of Reagan losing her tooth. 10 minutes went by, the girls start coming out to change their shoes for tap, and I see Ashley holding something in her fingers and staring at it. I'm thinking, "she cannot have gotten that tooth out." Sure enough, out she comes and could not be more pleased because she yanked it out! Holy cow!
How's that for competitiveness! Reagan was NOT going to be the first to lose a tooth, and she was NOT going to be the only one getting a visit from the Tooth Fairy that night!
What a twin story! Funny though, since then Ashley's other tooth came out quickly, while Reagan's is slowly working on it.


No comments:
Post a Comment