This year we celebrated 16 years! And to think when we met my longest relationship was 3 months. I'd say we're doing pretty good. I got 2 dozen roses! (Plus we got an extra white one over the weekend that was pretty in there with the others.)
So our anniversary is February 13th. I told Mike when we got married that our anniversary and Valentine's Day were definitely 2 separate occasions. And that if he wanted to lump them all together he had to do something big. And most of the time he has. Except that these big things are getting hard to do when we have kids with Valentine's parties who want their mom around for this sweet holiday. So this year I planned our little overnight getaway to The Boardwalk Inn in Kemah, TX. Right next to Galveston basically.
The ocean breeze was pretty darn cold! We started off on the ferris wheel but the wind was freezing us!
And we took the big spinning tower up to the top. Here's the view of parts of the boardwalk. The roller coaster was closed, which was a total bummer. We had an anniversary dinner at Landry's Seafood which was super yummy!
The next day we went to the Stingray Reef at the Aquarium Restaurant.
Then I talked Mike into riding this big drop thing. That was insane. I know I said I'm done with all that kind of stuff, but this was one big crazy thing that I thought might actually not make me sick. Sometimes you gotta live! Other times you gotta know your limits. But this was fun. My stomach jumped in my throat for 3 seconds, and then it was over. Glad I did it! I wasn't riding all this loopty loop stuff and since the roller coaster was closed, this ride was the big winner.
And we finished off our little trip with lunch at Bubba Gump's. It will always be a favorite of ours as it goes back to the time when we were a young, married couple living in San Francisco and just wanting some good southern food! Fun to relive that time!
We headed home to spend the rest of Valentine's Day with our 4 little sweeties. We went to the park and Reagan explained how she wore her Aggie shirt out of love for me for Valentine's Day. Melt. my. heart.
And the kids wanted nothing more than to order a heart shaped pizza. Wah-lah!!




No comments:
Post a Comment