Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What To Do With Her?

My darling Ashley. She is a piece of work. She is hilarious, spunky, energetic, but also sensitive. Sometimes she has a really hard time with self-control or dealing with her emotions. The day we came home from our little anniversary trip she was having a meltdown. I returned home to find her 2-page list of all her woes of the day.



Translation:

Balloon to the ceiling
Elsa doll lost 2 times
Reagan hit me on the head with this (see picture)
NaNaw gone
Kaitlyn took my thing outside
Crying 5 times
Wubble bubble ball not here
Wasted tattoo
Peter Pan doll lost 2 times in a row
Can't find him
Still can't find Elsa doll that NaNaw bought me
Mommy Daddy gone
Sitting here not doing anything.

Is this the saddest thing ever? In spite of how horrible she was to everyone and going crazy, this is what she was feeling on the inside. At least she wrote it down. Perhaps that was productive.


This writing of hers above cracks me up. According to her, "If I (she) were 100 years old, I would still have my pretty looks." Glad she is modest. And optimistic.



She does love Peter Pan. I'd say she is obsessed. Here she is at a middle school Peter Pan play. Now she likes the boy who played Peter Pan. But I love it that she loves Peter Pan. And nice for it to be something besides princesses!

Ashley (and Reagan) played a joke on me. They said "Mommy we left you something on your bed." So I went to check it out. As my eyes laid on this sweet note they wrote, the door slammed behind me and they tried to lock me in the bedroom. Too bad for them the door locks from the inside so it didn't really work, but they sure thought that was hilarious! I hope they at least really meant what they said in the note!


Ashley told me at church one day while she was working in her activity book, "Mommy, there are 10 commandments." Another minute later, "Mommy, Jesus prayed." Another minute later, "Mommy, Alma repented." It was funny how she was telling me these things as if it was all news to me!

She has her good days and bad. She DID just get the PRO Award at school for her class - People Respecting Others! So I know she knows how to act nice, just need her to show that a little more at home.

Oh, and the balloon is still on the ceiling. That was over 6 weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment