Kaitlyn has had a very successful semester at school this year. First, she won 2nd place at the school science fair. Hers was Tornado in a Box. OK I must admit it was all in the box which required a lot of cutting that I ended up having to do. But it was her idea, her research, and she worked as much on the box herself as she could, including all the painting, and then of course the display board. She really enjoyed this project and we were all relieved that it actually worked! She even got honored at the district science expo for elementary students.
Meanwhile, she also auditioned for the district honor choir. It is for 5th graders only and they take five 5th graders from each school. She made it and spent about 6 weeks preparing for a choir concert. I was very proud of her for her commitment and a really fantastic performance by the kids.
Way to go, Kaitlyn!


No comments:
Post a Comment