Wednesday, June 24, 2015

In A Nutshell

I'm really not sure what I'm going to do about my blog. I'm not closing it, but I've tried so hard to keep it going the way I was but I can't catch up. What was once my outlet for the craziness that was raising twins has turned into more of my own personal family record, which I love. But I have more to write about than I have time for. So maybe if I just sum up spring in a nutshell I can get back to where I was.

For starters, let me say that 2015 has actually been rather tough so far. I have had countless health issues that have plagued me since about Dec.30. Root canal, diagnosed with osteoarthritis, bladder infection (that for months I thought was a flare up of a different bladder problem I have), difficulty with antibiotics, anemia and anxiety that seem to be in an interconnected cycle, abdominal pain, breast lumps (fibrocystic), and a plantar's wart that I've been limping on for about 7 months now. I've been to SO MANY doctors. A lot has been ruled out, a few things diagnosed, but still have weird problems internally that no one can seem to figure out, other than the anemia. Throw on top of that a two week bout with lice earlier in the spring, listing and selling our house, and then moving. My dad also has been having health issues for pretty much the same amount of time. He is on the mend and so am I. I'm better than I was but still need more answers. So that has consumed large amounts of time, energy and money but I guess it is just a trial I am supposed to go through at this time.

But onto the good stuff:

For spring break we took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine, TX near Dallas. They LOVED that place. I think that ranked in top 5 for family vacations so far. It was also great because we got to meet up with my friend Bob from grad school and his family. We also got to meet up with my cousin Terri and family. It was great! On top of that, we ran into THREE girls from Mackenzie's dance company, 2 of which live in the exact same neighborhood that we have now just moved to. One was her duet partner Julia who we got to hang out with her family while we there. Then there was Sarah from senior company and Abby from apprentice company. So that was an added bonus!


Kaitlyn, Reagan and Ashley were in an Annie play held at our church. Reagan got to be an orphan while Kaitlyn and Ashley were in the big New York scene and musical number. Kaitlyn was a school girl and Ashley was a mommy. They enjoyed being part of what was quite a production!




Easter was lovely as usual. Egg hunts, cascarones, and dinner at MeMe's.




The little girls played soccer again. Their team name was the Cheetos...because they look like Cheetos. It was a hard season. Only one other team in their age group so they played them every week, and lost. Probably will need to find a new league if they play again. But they had fun.


Recital is always a favorite of mine. I believe Mackenzie was in 9 dances, Reagan in 4 and Ashley in 1. Makes for a busy mom backstage! But I love watching them at the end of all that hard work!





Mackenzie received the Most Improved Award from Miss Jennifer - quite an honor! She has worked SO hard this year and is excited to look ahead to another year in dance.


Meanwhile Reagan decided to follow big sister's footsteps and try out for company too. So she is now a member of the Robin's Apprentice Company. Hope it's not too much for her at such a young age! She is SUCH a performer though!


We had a raccoon visit us.


The girl scouts completed their Bronze Award and we had a closing "ceremony" since the girls and I are not continuing on in girl scouts.  


There was massive flooding in Texas, which sadly claimed the lives of wonderful people actually close friends and family of a few people I know.


The fifth graders went to their 5th grade pool party to celebrate the end of elementary.




The little girls finished 1st grade.


And our time at Settlers Way Elementary ended. The big girls are moving on and the younger girls are switching schools. It's bittersweet. I'm really excited about the new schools. But still. Just the milestone of the big girls moving on and the end of a 6-year era at a school. And never again will I have all 4 at one school, though I think that's probably a good thing.



We joined a new swim team, which has its pros and cons.




And then we moved.


But not without my kids getting about 8 balloons stuck in a high ceiling fan though the day we were going to lock up the old house. Their dad was thrilled, let me tell you.


So that brings us to where we are now. 3 weeks into summer, 2 weeks into our new house. I'll stop here. We are adjusting and just trying to slowly put the house together in the midst of everything else we typically have going on. It's been nice though. Enjoying a slower pace.

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading and catching up. You are not alone in the challenge of "keeping up" with the blogging. I've resigned myself to largely doing it for us....and not for an audience anymore. Just post when you can (feel like it!) and you can always look back later.

    Wishing you better health and continuing wonderful times with all your beautiful girls. :)

    ReplyDelete