Another October, one of my favorite months of the year, already over! But it was busy! (I am a bit relieved it is November - a short month where I can slow down to breathe just a bit.)
But back to October! Ashley and Reagan had their community helper's parade at school. This was the last of 5 I have been through with my kids. I am starting to realize that this is the last year of preschool, the last of our cute little school we've been a part of so long. Every event becomes a bit bittersweet.
For the parade, instead of being astronauts and nurses and firemen, Ashley chose to be a swim coach...
and Reagan chose to be a mommy!
I have two mini-me's! A mommy and a swim coach (in my former life).
We went to a neighborhood Halloween party and they had face painting. I LOVED how both Reagan's and Mackenzie's really complimented their costumes! Reagan was a fairy...
and Mackenzie was a cave girl.
Then there was costume day at dance - first time for the little girls! Oh, Reagan switched. After 2 parties in the fairy dress she said it was itchy (dance costume - almost always itchy!). So she was a witch. And of course we have Dorothy, with tap shoes instead of red!
This year we let each girl stick their hand into the pumpkin. Yuck!
And I actually roasted the seeds! They turned out really good - a little worscesteshire sauce (I have NO idea how to spell that correctly) and garlic powder. Tasted delicious but the seeds are hard to chew.
Then on Halloween I made this really fun Halloween pasta. Here it is before sauce...
and after. I basically turned it into spaghetti but it didn't look neat any more.
And finally the big night! Dorothy, with her monster puppet that she made at school.
Witch Reagan, not really wanting to pose with her monster puppet.
My gang! Witch, cave girl, pink poodle, and Dorothy!
Ruff, ruff! Aren't I cute?
And then there's me! I love my spider shirt I bought a few years ago. And I found a perfectly matching witch hat! (Except it wouldn't stick up!)










I love October too! Ours was also super-busy, but so much fun.
ReplyDeleteI love your girls' costumes. So cute! And I like your shirt. I have had a hard time finding cute adult Halloween t-shirts.
Good for you, roasting the pumpkin seeds! I've never been brave enough to try.
So much fun in these pics!! Those girls look so adorable...and that face painting is just magical!
ReplyDelete