Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Deep Thoughts, by My Girls

Some of these are kind of old but I've been keeping track of some of the funny things my kids have said lately. 

Kaitlyn in the car: "Why do you say to ROLL up the window?" I guess that would sound strange to someone who's only seen power windows!

Ashley: "Mommy, what does PaPa do?"

Me: "He's a lawyer."
Ashley: "He lies?"
Me: "Why would you say that?" (Wondering if she's heard something bad about lawyers)
Ashley: "You said he's a liar."
Funny. Four yrs old and telling her own lawyer jokes (without knowing it)!

Me: "Come here blondie."

Ash: "Blondie?"
Me: "Yeah, that's what you call people with blonde hair."
Ash: "Then why didn't you NAME me Blondie? Or maybe you should have named me Blond-a."

While on the way to a friend's house, Mike went into the store and bought some cupcakes to bring. He gets back in the car and Mackenzie asks: "Dad, what kind of cupcakes did you get?" He looks puzzled. 

Mike: "They're just cupcakes!" 
Mackenzie: "Dad, I need to know - what color is the inside, what color is the frosting, what's the flavor?"
I had to laugh. Typical male/female responses!

Before the debates, Mackenzie asked me if the president said in the last debates (2008) that he would do something that he ended up not doing. Wow. Pretty profound question from an 8-yr-old. She seems to understand politics pretty well!


Ashley's Halloween costume has become her imaginary friend. "Dorfy" (Dorothy) on a hanger has been going everywhere she goes and apparently does not enjoy hanging in the closet.




Took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. Had only been there 5 minutes when Ashley completely wet her pants. In the bathroom I'm cleaning her up and trying to figure out what to do with her. She looks at me, smiles, and so sweetly says, "Mommy, I forgive you." ??? 


After watching part one of the debates, Mackenzie said: "Mom, I would LIKE to run for President, but answering all those questions seems really hard."


Ashley: "Grandmas are too fat to swim."

Reagan: "How do elves get back to the North Pole? Do they take an elf airplane? An elf helicopter? An elf fast car?"

Me: "The carpet man is coming back to clean our carpets."
Reagan: "He's a housekeeper, too?"

Reagan: "Mommy, playground isn't any fun anymore."

Me: "How come?"
R: "The boys used to chase us but they quit."
Me: "You're always telling me that you want them to quit."
R: "I know. I was just kidding." (She smiles!)
The games begin at 4 yrs old. So like a girl too!

Reagan on toots: "It sounds like this: puh, puh, puh, puh....like fireworks!" (Envision her now making hand explosions.) Hey, it's a fact of life.


Ashley (age 4): "Is Aunt Romney our aunt?"

I was watching a news show last night but there was no mention of Ann Romney. In fact they were showing clips of the debate but had not yet mentioned Romney, just showing him. I am amazed that not only could she recall the name Romney, but associated his name with what she saw only a few seconds of on TV, and also associated Romney with the name Ann, who was in no way mentioned or shown on the TV when she asked the question. The things kids pick up on! They are smarter than we think! Except that she thinks she's our aunt. :)

And last but not least, Kaitlyn's tactics for dealing with her little sister.




And there you have it. Anyone else not knowing what to do with a chatty, 4-yr-old, or two? Just ask Kaitlyn for some advice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. That last one made me laugh so hard!!! She got all the way to Plan P!!! I have to say impressed. Bella would've just gotten to Plan A, which would've been "Hit him as hard as I can with a frying pan".

    The girls are growing up so quickly!! They are such funny, creative little beings, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me smile with this post...hilarious!! I just love Kaitlyn's notes and strategies!That Dorothy costume is gorgeous...no wonder Ashley wants to wear it all the time!Love,love, love the lawyer joke hehe!!

    ReplyDelete