Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Here's A Story...Of A Lovely Lady...


About a year ago a friend gave me some great advice. I was complaining how now that my daughter's had moved on to big kid shows (Disney), and really ever since 1st Grade, I didn't like how they spoke. I mean, the attitude began a long time ago, but something was different. They really weren't very "sweet" anymore. Funny, yes, but not so sweet.

So my friend suggested that we have them watch The Brady Bunch, and commented how the non-animated Disney shows were full of insults and sarcasm. So it took forever for me to actually find The Brady Bunch but I finally found season 1 at Target. The kids LOVED it! They quickly wanted another season but it was hard to find short of me ordering it online which I just wasn't ready to do.

(By the way my little girls are asking me 400 questions as I type because they saw The Brady Bunch on the screen.)

So toward the end of this summer we found some obscure cable channel that was running Brady Bunch reruns. Perfect! Now we DVR the show and the kids are watching tons of them. It's really fun. I have to admit I love having it on in the house and reminds me so much of my childhood. It's fun to remember all the episodes and know in the 1st minute which one it is. The best one was a few weeks ago the Hawaii episodes came on and they were all freaked out!

So it's been good. And I have to say my older girls don't talk as ugly as they were for a while. Don't know if there's a correlation but I only let them watch a couple of the older Disney shows and have also told them that if they can't tell the difference between what is funny just because it's on TV and what is inappropriate to say in real life, then they won't watch any at all. So far so good but they are all still loving the Brady Bunch. Mackenzie said "this is the best show ever!" And you know what? She might just be right. Isn't it the most rerun show in the history of time? No wonder why.

And you know what else is cute? My little ones singing the song - Reagan sings "til the one day when the lady met this sparrow."  Cute.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...so cute...and would you believe i was just watching it while i cooked dinner tonight lol! Great idea Mum!!

    ReplyDelete