We started off the month at our church Christmas party. The kids could dress up as someone or an animal from the Nativity. Here we have our sweet angel Reagan...
And Mackenzie went as Mary...
Kaitlyn and Ashley didn't dress up but had fun making marshmallow snowmen.
The big man in red was there too, but after seeing him at Dewberry Farm, Ashley decided she was afraid of Santa. And Kaitlyn decided the church Santa was fake and told Reagan who then had no interest. Um, thanks. Mackenzie was delighted to see the church Santa though and paid no attention to Kaitlyn.
Then the next night we saw him again, only this was the REAL Santa. Some friends of ours actually know him. You can pull on his beard and everything. Ashley was still afraid. Why does it look like there are so many of us in this picture?
We took the brownie troop to see the Nutcracker, which my nieces both happen to be in. Score for me - doubling up!
We had a mini Christmas dance recital. Mackenzie's class did a ballet dance, and Ashley and Reagan had their first onstage debut doing a tap dance.
It did not come without some drama first (such is life with girls). Apparently the Santa hats were devastatingly itchy and caused great anguish and despair for both Ashley and Reagan.
The big girls had their piano recital. Kaitlyn played "The Chipmunk Song."
Mackenzie played "The Sugar Plum Fairy." I was very proud of both girls for working very hard on their pieces. Both found their pieces to be challenging and yet it all came together in the end. I have to admit, I tried to play Mackenzie's piece, and even I thought it was pretty tricky. (Disclaimer: I am no Beethoven. Do not be confused and think that I am a pianist, because I'm not.)
We went to Town Center to see "Elf" at Movie Under the Moon.
We took the brownie troop to volunteer at a local toy drive. It was awesome. In fact, I think this was my favorite event of the season. We leaders got to work as well. I wish we could have had more of our girls come as it was only about half our troop. Great experience for all!
Our "Elfy," who normally just moves around at night, decided to go swinging from a rope one night.
ANOTHER dance performance, this time at the dance class parties. Got some better smiles on these girls this time!
Mackenzie of course hammed it up both times, and this time added a jazz dance as well.
I chaperoned the 3rd grade field trip to NASA. That was pretty cool. In all my years, I've never been. We touched a piece of the moon. It felt almost like smooth glass. Weird. It was just ONE type of rock on the moon.
And lastly I'm room mom for Mackenzie's class and was so busy doing her party that I didn't get any photos. And of course that was the day the dog disappeared. So let's just say it was a busy December and in the last week I've been getting a LOT of sleep (something I didn't know was possible 2 and 3 years ago).
Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays! Happy New Year!












Wow! You weren't kidding- that was a busy December!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you enjoyed everything though and got some really cute pictures of your adorable girls. I have to admit though, my favorite part of the entire post was when you said you have been sleeping a lot. That is an option? Even with four kids? You have given me something to dream about and look forward to. One day...