Thursday, April 18, 2013

Strawberry Picking


Saturday we picked a low-key but very enjoyable activity - we went strawberry picking! Many friends have gone 30 minutes to a local strawberry picking farm and I decided it was finally our turn. Afterall, my kids love strawberries and love plants!

First we stopped for BBQ at this delicious place I hadn't been to in about 10 years. The kids had a bad attitude about BBQ (they're not big fans) until we let them get this seafood buffet and they all gobbled it up and were delighted.




Then we drove on to the farm. We saw this beautiful tree as we were walking to the designated area of the patch.




Ashley had fun with her Daddy while he helped her look for good strawberries.


I had never really looked at a strawberry plant before. Interesting how they grow! (Some of you may laugh but seriously I am not a gardener - the stems coming out of these plants looked foreign to me.)



It didn't take long for them to fill their buckets!




Strawberries, anyone? I think we are going to make smoothies.



And we ended the day in their little picnic area having ice cream. The kids truly had a great time, doing something so simple, and the weather was just perfect for our perfect little spring outing!



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely family ...isn't that tree glorious! Birds keep eating our strawberries at the moment...wish we could fill a bucket like that though. The girls look like they had so much fun...such happy faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I need to look into something like that in my area.

    ReplyDelete