Friday, June 28, 2013

Mountain Breeze

This past weekend we took another trip back to the Canyon Lake/New Braunfels area in the Texas Hill Country. The regular hotel room thing isn't always the best deal since we have to get 2 rooms for our family, so we often look into condo rentals or vacation homes. We came across this great little cabin named Mountain Breeze that was just perfect for our family. It was on the owner's property, right next to their house, but we got to use all their land and amenities and basically had it all to ourselves!



We went into historic Gruene, TX and instead of eating at the infamous Gristmill we went next door to the Gruene River Grill and I have to say it was fabulous! Perfect and delicious dinner and definitely the best meal of the trip. While Gristmill has great ambiance, I have to say this place's food was better! And in and out unlike the normal forever-long Gristmill wait. Not dogging Gristmill, just saying there's a great restaurant right next door if you're not up for the wait.



We saw a LOT of deer (and a silver fox!).



Mike built a campfire and we roasted s'mores.




Had a FABULOUS day at the Schlitterbahn, one of the top waterparks in the country! Too bad I didn't have a waterproof camera with us. We were there from opening til close and really didn't even get tired. A little sunburned though, and one little mishap at the end of the day when Kaitlyn flipped out of her tube and gashed up her elbow. Well, it was bound to happen to someone I guess. I flipped once but no gash. At least it was at the end of the day. Oh, my sunglasses were the other casualty. Lost them on the FIRST slide we went on! It was either my sunglasses or the tube. The tube seemed a better idea but it sucked not having any sunglasses the rest of the entire trip. Rather than buy ugly ones there that I didn't like, I used these cheap (I mean the lenses are foggy), stupid-looking happy meal sunglasses that were in one of our bags but it was better than nothing. Anyway, so her elbow and my glasses were the casualties.



We went to the lake.






We had our own private pool and did some swimming in the hills.



Oops! I hate it when that happens. Can someone turn on the lights?



Did the lake again.




 Went to a snake and exotic animal farm. Random.


  

Played with the Mountain Breeze dogs, Buck and Dora.




Had our own little party on the patio.



Roasted more s'mores in the chiminea.



 Had a great view of the Super Moon!



And headed back home from a good old-fashioned fun family vacation! Say cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment