Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Visit to NaNaw and PaPa's


Mike just had his 20th reunion and we got to head on down to Corpus Christi to attend. Despite the rather low turnout (What's up with that? Mine was the same way!), it was a fun weekend. 

We don't go to his parents' house often because they always come here. We gave up traveling with twins when they were little after a few excruciating efforts early on. But given how close their house is we certainly need to go to them more often. 

While we were there his high school class held a family event at the local roller rink! My older girls can ice skate but the younger girls have never done any skating. We don't have a close roller rink and I've been wanting to take the girls for quite some time.

Anyway, I had a blast! Can't say the same for all my kids but it was fun - disco lights, 80s music, and more! The one child who had the most fun though was Ashley, who was the one child who also didn't really want to go. I think she was afraid but she did a good job listening to my instruction, and while it wasn't pretty, she was at least able to stay on her feet a considerable amount.


Later that day we attempted to go swimming at their local pool that actually had diving boards but it was oddly closed. A big disappointment because we have NO access to diving boards here. Something I greatly loved as a child and have great remorse over not being able to share with my kids. I suppose that is weird but I think it just sucks. Anyway so when that didn't work out we ended up at a small waterpark for an hour and we certainly couldn't go wrong there. We were so late (they closed really early) that they let us in free! Score!

That night the kids (except Ashley) made an attempt to sleep in PaPa's camper (with him out there of course) that is in the backyard. ?? Mackenzie and Reagan decided to scare the people in the house by tapping on the window. They scared themselves and opted to sleep inside so just Kaitlyn and PaPa braved the night alone. Funny.


The kids had fun going to NaNaw and PaPa's. Most of our family lives locally so I feel like they don't get that experience often and it's one I think is important. They all slept in sleeping bags and on cots in the living room. Good times! 



No comments:

Post a Comment