Monday, August 19, 2013

Inks Lake Family Reunion

We at the last minute got a last minute invitation to go spend the weekend with my all my cousins and their families at Inks Lake in Burnet, TX. I think the last time I was with all my cousins at the same time was probably at one of their weddings, which doesn't really count because everyone is a little occupied when someone in the family is getting married. So this was a great trip, and even my brother came so all the cousins from my mom's side of the family where there!

As soon as we got there it was straight to the boat! Here are my girls with their 2nd cousin Kate, who is the same as Ashley and Reagan. They love that because out of their immediate cousins they are the youngest in the family. They still remember Kate from my uncle's ranch a couple years ago.



The big tube! Wheee!!



Mackenzie went overboard!




Swimming in the lake and jumping off the dock...



Reagan and Kate both caught fish with their bare hands!


Mackenzie caught one the regular way...


Ashley enjoyed fishing for all of about 30 seconds. Something that doesn't involve moving is not her thing.




Loved it when I caught a glimpse of this - Ashley walking by with her big stick, dress in the water, carrying her shoes. She says she was being an old woman. Pretty close because I think she looks like a crazy old fisherman!


(And while I'm onto Ashley's antics, I have to note how she walked several houses over to the other house with the chocolate milk and her tiny dixie cup to find my step-dad cause she knew he couldn't say no to pouring her a cup. Unbeknownst to everyone else, Ashley just showed up over there!)

Kids in the hammock... 



Kaitlyn and my cousin Jenny's dog...



The view...




Our treehouse that we stayed in. The rooms actually did not connect. Good thing my mom was sleeping in the living room that connected to the kids room or we might have had some escape artists!


 Can never go wrong with bunk beds!



The kids (2nd cousins)! The only kids missing were my brother's kids who weren't able to come.






The cousins - Daniel, me, David, Jenny, and my brother Lance.


My mom and my uncle Kim (who looks just like my brother Lance!).


The whole gang! What a gift to have all been able to come. My family doesn't really do reunions but I'd say this one counts! And they are such a fun family. Maybe we'll actually do it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment