Okay, so I don't have time for football but we are making and finding the time anyway. We had a good time last weekend in Fort Worth when we went to the TCU football game against SMU. And for once we had great weather! Not burning hot (which it easily could have been in September in Texas). Not freezing cold (like last year's unexpected freezing temps that we were unprepared for). Okay so there WAS a little rain. Note to self: start keeping ponchos in the van, permanently, like spare clothes and underwear. We bought 2 just to have something. So when it did finally rain Mackenzie and Mike stayed in the stands while the rest of us ran for cover. But 15 minutes later we were back in the stands! And it kept the weather nice and mild with all the clouds. So score 1 for weather.
The kids like going to Frog Alley before the game (that is how we keep them happy for having to sit through a 3+ hour long football game). Bouncy houses of all kinds...
Face painting, balloon animals and more...
Kids get to run on the field with the cheerleaders when the team comes out before the game. It's called Bleacher Creatures. Here they are getting ready to run, except for Reagan who was upset because her balloon animal popped. Imagine that.
So Mike put her on his shoulders and finally a smile emerged. I can't imagine running 100 yards with a child on my shoulders. I had to run with them too. Parents go with them and let me just say, I haven't ran that far since a few years ago, the last time I did the Bleacher Creature run. While it seemed easy while I was running, I was about to die when I stopped! How people run marathons I will never know.
Snow cones in the stands kept the kids happy again!
And now we sit.
Luckily TCU won. They played pretty badly, but we blew them away in the second half, only because, in my husband's words, the other team imploded. But at least we won!
The rain came back right at the end and we had some nasty weather on and off driving back home after the game, but it turned out to be a fun weekend doing something different. One more football game to go - Aggie game coming soon!!







No comments:
Post a Comment