Okay, I have for years told my girls not to tell stuff at school about the other twin to their friends or classmates. They live together. They know each other's embarrassing stuff. From whether it's stuff about what happens in the bathroom or boy crushes or whatever, can you imagine if someone who knew everything there was to know about you went to school with all your friends too, and didn't especially have any loyalty to you? Well, that's how it is. I try to remind them that they better not say anything because their twin can turn around and do it back, but sometimes embarrassing things still slip out. Not cool!
I didn't think about that...so true, a whole new world awaits us i fear!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I happen to be a twin myself with a twin blog as well. I decided to look into your 'Challenges' category because I figure I could relate. I can't say I really remember the days of having trouble keeping secrets between twins private, but I'm sure it was a challenge in my house as well. It gets better, however. My identical twin and I went through stages like that as well! Now, she is the only person I can trust with absolutely anything and everything. I think we have come to realize that we are each other's best friends and couldn't bear hurting the other one by seeing them hurt. As children, I don't think we thought that way. It gets better. Soon, they'll be so good at keeping each other's secrets no one will ever know something besides those two. Which I guess could be both good, and bad! Best of luck!
ReplyDelete