I love October! SLIGHTLY cooler weather, festivals, and fun! The girls got plenty of opportunities to sport this year's Halloween costumes.
They went to a neighborhood fall festival (which by the way could not have been hotter despite it is October).
We went to our church trunk or treat, which is the real favorite of all my kids.
Even I dressed up for that one. I resurrected an old 70s costume I wore once in grad school. My hair's a little too short to do the long hair thing so I went for pig tails (which the kids thought was rather funny). I think I look rather Brady Bunch-like. And I look old in this. Darker lipstick perhaps?
Pumpkin carving - so glad Mike does this. I hate carving pumpkins but they always want to do it. Look how interested they are. But their interest only lasted about 30 seconds. The rest of the time they were throwing a frisbee in the dark and hitting everyone with it somehow in the neck or head, including Mike who got taken out during his impressive pumpkin carving.
The end product - Mwahhhaaahhaaa!
And after a day or two of torrential downpours, the skies parted and dried up just in time to go trick-or-treating. Our neighbor came along too! Lots of fun!
Check out this sky when we started out. It was incredible! Love our Texas skies we get so often!
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!






No comments:
Post a Comment