At the crack of dawn (actually before that), the morning after Halloween, Mike and the other 3 kids dropped Mackenzie and I off to the dance studio to embark on our 9-hour trip to Mobile, AL for her first dance competition. Mackenzie got to sit in the back of the bus with the other girls while us moms sat up in the front.
Our first full day there was a long one. They were ready to go bright and early for many hours of dance classes. But the classes were fabulous! I am so proud of Mackenzie for hanging in there all those long hours. They said so many wonderful things that I was glad she was there to hear.
Then in the late afternoon and evening the girls got ready for their big competition. Playful Robots was their number. I keep thinking Fem-Bots from Austin Powers, minus, well, you get my drift. But super cute!
Ready to robot!
The robots won a 1st Place score, which is really the top tier of scores, like getting an A. Yay Robots! Below is the entire company and the trophies everyone received for the different dances (group, company, solos, trios, etc) they performed. Fantastic!
And a little chillin' at the hotel with some pizza and friends.
Us moms were chillin too!
Sunday was another day of lots of classes before the final awards ceremony. Here are the apprentice company girls styling' on the red carpet!
Dinner stop in Baton Rouge!
We got home about 1am and had to go to school the next day. Whew! It's taken a while to catch back up, but I had a wonderful trip with my cute, fun, spunky, witty Mackenzie!
No comments:
Post a Comment