So in between big activities, what else has been going on? Just a few extra things to add in that have been memorable.
Right before school started, we got two new hermit crabs. That was promise to the girls when the fiddler crabs died (they lasted about 3 weeks). We got a big one named Crabby. He pinched the heck out of Kaitlyn's hand on the first day. Guess who didn't listen when I said not to pick them up. The other one is smaller and they named Freddy. Well, Crabby did not survive after about a month either. Freddy is hanging in there though he must be going through a phase. He has buried himself in the sand and doesn't come out anymore. I think he is molting. Anyway, to do what I'm really supposed to do with them is a big pain. This will be the last of this type of pet for us.
Mackenzie got to march in a high school homecoming parade with her dance company. That was fun though she actually thought it was a bit boring. That's about how I remember marching in parades in high school. Neat in a way, but boring.
This was Kaitlyn's door that we decorated for Red Ribbon Drug Awareness Week. Thought it was really cute! I helped decorate but definitely wasn't my idea so I can't take credit.
The first quarter of school ended and both Mackenzie and Reagan were selected out of their classes to receive the Writer's Club award!
Reagan's first! So proud of them both. Though I saw her little writing. Not much to write when you can barely write, but it was cute.
Ashley and Reagan celebrated their 50th Day of School by dressing up for 50's Day!
And it's not all roses. Our poor little old dog Maxie has forever had a bladder problem. Not only does she pee all the time in the house but when it is on any tile, THIS is what happens! The longer it is before you notice, the further it travels. Good times. I finally quit getting mad at her though because she is getting old and blind and feeble. (But let's be clear she's always had bladder issues.) When will I quit cleaning up pee? It's not just the dog, either!
So things are slowing down for the few weeks of November that we have. I am finally catching back up on my home and my life that has been disheveled the entire month of October. And then it's the holidays and the real nuttiness begins!




No comments:
Post a Comment