Thursday, October 24, 2013

Twin Advantage #6: Homework Backup

With my older girls, one really enjoys school and one, well, not so much. The one who really loves it is very on top of all of her homework assignments, etc. The other, well, not always. For years my girls have often forgotten to bring home their spelling words. They are usually in different spelling groups so I still found myself having to call around to other parents looking for words. But other than that their work is often the same or close to it, so when one child forgets an assignment at school, I usually have a copy of it already from her twin! It really saves the day sometimes - especially if you didn't get to homework til it's getting late and you don't want to start calling around. Yay for having a homework backup twin!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Love the post. I enjoy reading through all of your 'Twin Advantages' and 'Twin Challenges' posts simply because I can see my mom going through the same thing 15 or so years ago! Having a homework backup twin is something I remember definitely being an advantage back when we had the same homework. Being a twin, you always have backup whether its forgetting homework when you're in first grade or losing your keys to the car and your twin happens to have the spare on her (not that this recently happened to us or anything - HAHA). But there's not only a backup with the physical stuff, but also the emotional stuff. I can remember Kelsey and I sticking up for each other way back in grade school and still to this day in college. Being a twin, you always have backup. Enjoyed the post! :)

    ReplyDelete