Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring Break Utah Trip - Day 1 & 2

Alright, another big vacation for us! You know, it truly is amazing to think that 5 years ago we couldn't go anywhere at all as a family. It was for too difficult and overwhelming. Now we are able to go and do so much! I won't say it's easy but I'm definitely glad to be having these experiences with my kids. 

So, since Mike and I learned to ski as adults, which was rather difficult to do (I can barely do it), we had always agreed we wanted to take our KIDS skiing. Except that I hate the cold and don't like to ski. So I can't say I really wanted to ever actually go. But I still felt that we should. While New Mexico or Colorado are definitely the closer places to go skiing, we decided to go to Park City, UT so we could combine the trip with other things.

So instead of heading somewhere warm for spring break, we set out for Utah!

The first day was just traveling and we finally arrived in Park City REALLY late. But the next morning we woke up in our condo with a view of the beautiful snow and mountains.


Other than a sprinkling of snow or two where we leave (I mean not enough to fully blanket the ground), all they wanted to do was play in this little patch of snow outside our front door. 


But we had work to do first. We had to check out all the ski stuff so we would be prepared the next morning and we also had to find ski pants for Ashley and Reagan. Well, we couldn't buy the lift tickets yet, we couldn't rent our skis and stuff til later in the day (when we would be nowhere near the ski lodge), and we went on a wild goose chase to find ski pants. After hours of searching and getting nowhere and all fronts, we finally ponied up and bought them each some serious ski pants. Oh well. All the other kids' clothes were borrowed.

But finally! Off to lunch and then to play in this snow field that we found.






There wasn't much snow on the field and it was quite slushy, but the kids loved just getting to play in it. Having a sled a the condo worked out great too!

Then we headed out of Park City through the valley to go see my step-sister, Missy! Along the way we saw some gorgeous views of the mountains.


And we passed right by BYU, the school that almost went to twice, and yet never went at all.



We finally arrived at Missy's! I haven't seen her in 6 years! Missy and I are lifelong close friends and family and it was great to visit with her. We saw her house, met her new husband Brian and his 3 kids, got to see Missy's two kids Max and Reilly (our Utah cousins!), and the kids just got to run and play together at the house. Oh, and the weather was gorgeous too! We didn't get the two older boys in the photo but here are all the young'ns!


Reilly loved having girls to play with!


Except when Ashley took her giant moose outside. Ashley loved the moose!



Me and Miss...



It went by so fast and then we were off on our circle around Utah to see our friends the Browns. We miss having them in Texas! It's been even longer since we've seen them! All but one made it into this photo. Their oldest had to take the picture! So great to see old friends. We picked back up like it was 10 years ago and could have stayed and hung out forever!


And they have a really cool in-ground trampoline! Their daughter Kaitlyn was also enjoying having girls to play with!


We finally had to go and head back for a good night's rest for our next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment