I mentioned in my last post about our trip to Cabo. I suppose I will finally get around to documenting it! So, we celebrated our 15th anniversary in February, and my romantic husband surprised me with a trip to Cabo! Can you say awesome? So, we had some issues with the plane which cut into our trip, but nonetheless it was so great while we were there. I have always wanted to go there and it was so nice too to get away from the cold winter! Even in Houston we were not liking it (though I realize it's all relative to where you live but for us it was getting old).
So after we finally made it, of course we had to take the obligatory selfie of us chilin' out by the pool!
We stayed at the Capella Pedregal, a very luxurious hotel where we were treated like royalty! Here's the view from our room - it had this little wading pool that was slightly heated, though hot tub heat would have probably been better for me - it was chilly out there at night! Still, so neat!
View of our hotel from the beach. I never knew Cabo was so rocky and desert like. We were on the ocean side of this big rock.
And to get to it you had to drive through this long tunnel through the rock.
Sunset view...
Mike planned quite the adventure for us (as I mentioned in my last post). :) First we went ATV-ing. Saw some beautiful views of the ocean. I rode on back of Mike so I wouldn't be committed to driving the whole time.
We finished the ATV with a drive over this newly built bridge over the canyon. Holy cow! Actually it was really cool and felt quite safe.
Here we go!!!!

Then we went zip lining. Okay I have to admit that at first it truly was awesome. I've zip lined before but only at camp from tower to tower. Nothing like this!
Here I am coming in!!
If only we didn't have to do major hiking in between some of the 8 zip lines we did. And if only I made it all the way across every single time. Getting stuck is no fun, even if you are most of the way. You have to pull your own body weight all the way to the end.
Needless to say I was more than ready for the beach!
We took a glass-bottom boat out to Lovers Beach, to see the famous rocks of Cabo, and this truly did feel like the end of the earth. And if you look on a map it is the very southern tip of the Mexican Baja Peninsula so it really is just out there. And I have to say it is the most gorgeous place I've ever been. Until then I would have said Yosemite National Park but this tops it by far. I have so many pictures that I have to post at least quite a few of them. Wish I could put them all over my house! (Don't worry - I will definitely put a few!)
So here are the famous rocks: See the second one that looks like Scooby Doo? That's what our guide told us and now I will never look at that and not see Scooby Doo. And of course the arch that Cabo is so known for.
Around the other side is this incredible sight!
And caves. Mike and I just knew the end of Goonies had to be filmed somewhere around here. So when we got home we watched it. But nope. It wasn't nearly as pretty as this!
Looking out into the Pacific Ocean. Why do I love this picture? You can actually see the slight curve of the ocean on the horizon. Amazing! I actually got a few pictures of this showing the curve of the earth and I find that to be just incredible.
So there is Lovers Beach side, where the water is more calm, and then you go through the rocks to Divorce Beach, where the waters are rough. This is Divorce Beach:
Through the rocks....
to Lovers Beach.
Night on the town shopping with this guy...
hanging out with some interesting people,
and eating at some of the local joints.
Sunrise at the hotel...
More gorgeous beach...
I decided to put my feet up and take it all in...
...while Mike decided to foolishly swim in the ocean where there was quite a drop off just a few feet into the water. (Yes I said foolish! He would beg to differ though.)
What can I say? It was a great trip. Definitely needed to stay longer. Happy to celebrate 15 years. My husband spoils me. I'm lucky.




No comments:
Post a Comment