Thursday, May 1, 2014

Utah Trip - Days 3 & 4

Days 3 and 4 mark our ski days. I'll admit, not my favorite part of the trip. But the whole point was to teach our kids when they were kids so it would be easier when they were older. So here goes. Freezing cold and ridiculous ski gear, here we come!


It took FOREVER to get ski gear for 6! As you can see Kaitlyn was excited, Reagan was happy, and the other two were in utter despair. In a way I kind of felt like those two. On the inside I was lying on the floor moaning too! But on the outside I was the positive mother who was of course annoyed by the moaning and complaining.

We dropped the kids off to ski school and then it was my turn. We went down the run called "First Time." It was no First Time at all. Way steeper than anything I'd ever done and my beautiful snow plow technique was not enough. I fell. And then I fell again. And then I was ready to be done. Ugh. But I went down a few more times, and learned a little about how to do S's. I was actually happy I improved some. My blood sugar was dropping and decided to call it quits after 3 basically "practice runs," they weren't even real runs. Oh well. Let's call it a day.



Except it was just lunch time. We ate and then I set out to find my kids who were nowhere to be found. It was hard to find them, but after much searching and patient waiting, there they all were! Yay for them!



Then I saw them get on the lift. I'll take one heart attack, please! I could hear some of them whooping and hollering on the ski lift. Glad they enjoyed it. I was saying a prayer as I watched. They do have instructors with them, but still.



And here they are! All done with their first day of ski school. All were happy and excited to go back!



I think they were even more happy with their gigantic brownies they got to finish. Here they are eating the second half of their lunch brownie. They couldn't believe I let them eat the whole thing, especially after already having the first half. But after an entire day of skiing, I'm pretty sure they'd already burned it off. They definitely earned it!



Up until then we'd had some pretty mild weather. It was nice except it made for slushy snow. The kids really wanted it to snow ON them. Well, as we ate dinner that night, the snow started. The kids were excited to see it really coming down!




Little did they know how much snow they would be in the next day. It was some crazy snow, all day!

Here's Mike when we go to Park City in the morning. I chose not to ski at all since my blood sugar had been bothering me still. I literally wandered around the little lodge area for the entire day.



But once again I found my darlings now and then.






Took the little girls in while the big girls did some free skiing with their dad. And man was it coming down! It did this quite a bit that day. 




I left these two for a couple minutes in a coffee shop at their own table with their hot chocolate. They were tucked all nicely into a corner while I stepped outside to look for the others. They were too cute and looked so adult-like!



And that pretty much wraps up our last ski day. That night we hung out at the condo and Ashley invented a strange and hilarious game called Fingernails. We would pick a fingernail and then she would make up what that meant we had to do on her game board that she created. Anyway, it was funny.


Now time for a good night's rest after two really hard days.

No comments:

Post a Comment