Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Don't Mess with Moms of Twins!

So today I went to the Galleria. I bet I haven’t been there in at least two years. It is definitely not a kid-friendly place. But since my kids all have wide feet, I decided to try out Nordstroms to see what I could find. So after Nordstroms we have to go through a series of long hallways and different elevators just to get to the food court and then do it all to get back. We got in this huge elevator at one end of the mall and I happened to meet a lady also with 4 kids, including twins that were in a stroller. We were swapping stories as we got on the elevator with lots of other people. And our backs are to the door because the stroller is facing the back of the elevator. Suddenly I hear a man’s voice scream “Ladies! Quit talking and tell us what floor!”

Literally one foot behind me was a 60-year-old man who nearly gave me a heart attack! Now, I am generally a very nice and sweet person, and I hate confrontation, but…how dare you scream in my ear in front of all these people including about 10 children! My heart was racing but I turned around, told him what floor, and then told him where to stick it! Okay, what I actually said was that he didn’t need to scream at us and that that was completely unnecessary, especially in front of all these children. Then the other mom backed me up and said “forgive us for talking but it’s not often you run into other moms of twins!” Then he actually apologized. I told him thank you and then said as we were getting out of the elevator that “you don’t mess with moms of twins!” Not sure I would have done that if I didn't feel completely safe, but proud of myself for not taking that!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dop!!! I'm proud of you. Why did he have to be so rude??!!

    ReplyDelete