ALL moms know what a pain it is to hoist the stroller out of the car and all the buckling and unbuckling of seats. Unload the stroller. Unbuckle child one from car seat. Transfer to stroller. Buckle in stroller. Repeat. Ugh! Remember it’s 100 degrees here – talk about sweating! Then do the reverse when getting back in the car. I think the difference with twins is that until they are about 2 years old, nothing else is an option. There are finally at least a few grocery stores that have double infant seats in the basket but otherwise nothing is safe for my 1-yr-olds. So we must take the stroller…..everywhere! So that is why one-stop shopping is great because I only have to deal with the stroller ONE time.
But it’s the little things that get me. Need to mail something. Walgreens. Kids boutiques and resale shops. Forget Subway and Quiznos. I often think, how nice to just grab the one kid and carry her in while you do something really quick. Or even just grab a basket and put the kid in it, but with two little ones.... noooo…..one quick errand still requires the whole shebang! So most of the time I just forego it or wait until I can get out alone. And I have to limit myself generally to no more than 2 places at a time that involve the stroller, which is about how long they can stay out anyway, because any more stroller/car unloading is just too exhausting.
Last week I was so annoyed that we went to WalMart to buy the school supply pack only to learn after all that they don’t even carry those. All for nothing! I debated back and forth whether to go to the drug store and haul everybody out . Well, I didn’t want the whole outing to be for nothing so we unloaded and did it. And once it was done I was glad. It often just depends on the day, and the weather. And I’ll have to write separately about grocery shopping later. It’s a whole different subject. And hopefully it won't be too much longer and the little ones can ride in a normal basket.
This cracks me up! I so can relate! The mere thought of taking the twins somewhere has MADE me a homebody! It is too hard. I am starting to go stir crazy, though! I have started doing my grocery shopping in the evenings after the kiddos are in bed or on Saturday afternoons with Caroline.
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree. It has MADE me a homebody. I know moms, even of twins, that go everywhere, to every activity, but either mine are just harder or I don't have the energy these other moms have! Let's just stay home where it's easy! But I look forward to it not always being that way because I really DO love to go do all that stuff.
ReplyDeleteTarget rockS!! If only there was some decent food inside - Subway or something that doesn't have a drive thru.
ReplyDelete