I don’t know if it’s because we’re all feeling better or what, but we had a very low-key, lazy weekend and I’ve just enjoyed almost every moment of it. Even though it’s hard and tiring, even though I really need more me time, even though I really need time with girlfriends, sometimes it’s hard not to just look around you at such precious souls and faces and relish in the blessings. I did so much filming and picture taking this weekend of practically nothing, just because they’re cute. Especially the toddler stage. Is there anything cuter than those tiny little bodies trying to do such big things? And those tiny faces with all that jibber jabber coming out? My little girls learn new words every day. I love this stage. I am starting to see them communicate with each other and summon each other for various things. My latest favorite - Ashley: "Ray Ray - dance!" My heart melts when they take me by the hand to lead me somewhere. It’s so funny when they sing and dance, and when I look into their eyes, I know there are these huge souls stuck inside these little bodies, just wanting to let the world know who they are.
My older girls amaze me at the people they are becoming. They are learning that they are daughters of God. They make me so proud when they are kind and empathetic to other children. They are complete geniuses and blow me away in that regard. Mackenzie's memory and her love for reading (and her ability) are incredible. Kaitlyn's ability to reason, her perceptiveness on all levels, and her attention to detail (as generally seen in her artwork) don't seem possible for a child her age. They are developing their talents and interests – art, dance & gymnastics. It’s really fun to see them start to blossom in that way. And to hear their singing – what can I say? I’ve always loved it but now it’s really getting better and they are just oh so sweet and sincere when they sing. Anyway, I’m just taking in the wonder of it all. I don’t get a chance to do that too often. I feel like I miss a lot because I’m just too busy to spend quality time with them, at the moment they are needing me. I’m hoping as they get older that I will have more opportunities to find those special moments. In the meantime, I better keep my eyes open because they are only little once, and they are growing fast!
Awww, this is such a sweet post! Are you finding that you're enjoying the toddler years more this time around than you did with the first set of twins? I'm really enjoying the stage that Garrett and Landon are at...so much more than I did when Cole and Bella were this age. Not sure why...maybe it's because I feel more seasoned as a mother or maybe it's because I know these are the last of my babies and so I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it.
ReplyDeleteWell, wouldn't you know it I tried to respond and it didn't work. So here goes again. Actually, the time that was most hard for me with the first set was the whole first year. It was so much more enjoyable for me with the second set. I'm sure much of it is being an experienced mom, plus I had help the first 8 months. And then once the help was gone, I was getting more sleep and really enjoyed the quality time I had with the babies at a very cute stage. My older set also had sleep issues until about 14 months. So I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. But soon after I really began to enjoy my role as a stay at home mom. And then it got REALLY crazy! :)
ReplyDelete