For the last 3 weeks of school, my girls were bringing home about an inch or two of papers, artwork, workbooks, you name it. The school is remodeling for the summer and I guess the teachers were getting rid of a lot of stuff. Anyway, I have huge piles all over my house that I need to sort through and get put away but here are some of my favorite things that came home recently that I thought were pretty exceptional or just really liked.
Starting with Kaitlyn who usually does incredible artwork...
Obviously a bird flying through the sky....
These were made from tracing their shoes I guess. Hers turned out so vivid! I think it might even make a nice piece for the girls' bathroom.
Now onto Mackenzie....
This is supposed to be that crazy creature from Where the Wild Things Are. I think she did a pretty darn good job as that was my guess as to what it was.
Here is her picture and writing for her story "The Jalapeno Girl" that she won her writers' award for. Her story is written below.
"One day a Jalepeno girl was walking in the desert. She saw bluebonnets, black-eyed Susans, and Indian paintbrushes. She wanted to pick them. While she was picking them, she got pricked by a cactus and she fell apart. That was the end of the Jalapeno girl! The end." Love it! Her teacher really worked with her the last half of the year on developing her stories and her writing.
And lastly, I thought this was so funny....a few weeks ago, they had a magician at school.
It says, "If I were a magician I would saw Mrs. Sowell." That would be her teacher. I don't know why but I just think that is so funny. And if you look closely Mrs. Sowell is happily being sawed in half in the picture!
The girls' drawings are fantastic!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was following your blog through my former blog (with the same title as my new one).However, someone hacked into that account and now I am without that blog address. I am now following you under my new blog account. If you feel inclined, you may find me at my new blog address -- www.italianbelladiaries.blogspot.com.
My twins start preschool in the fall, my 5 yo will be going to kindergarten and my oldest will be entering 4th grade. I am already overwhelmed with the amount of "stuff" that comes home. Now I'm going to have to get a handle on it!
ReplyDeleteThose are really good drawings. Very creative!
ReplyDelete