I was going to title this blog "I Made It Through the First 3 Years...Again," but really the blog is about my sweet little girls turning 3, not about my own personal survival. So with that said and me happy to be looking ahead, here are Ashley & Reagan celebrating their big day.
On their actual birthday, the grandmothers and I took them to Chik-Fil-A to eat and play. Even though nearly every mom in suburbia out here does this weekly I think I've only taken these 2 one other time before. Just haven't felt like it - they go to the gym and get to play there instead, so why put myself through that? But given that it was their birthday AND they are now 3, no reason not to!
I think this may be one of Reagan's best pictures EVER!! Happy Birthday to Reagan!!
Ashley...moving fast as always! It's a miracle to get a picture of her that isn't blurred. You can see she is in mid-jump though. Happy Birthday to Ashley!!
The next day was their party. I decided to do a family party one last time. They really don't have "friends," and with this set I really don't seem to have any good mom friends that I hang out with and would invite their kids, so between my 4 and the cousins, that is plenty for a party! Here they are before it started:
With a winter birthday you take a big gamble planning anything outdoors. Their last 2 birthdays it was one of the coldest days of the year. But many of our winter days can be very beautiful! So after finding out they have great cancellation policies, I decided to rent them a bouncy house for their Dora party. The gamble paid off. It was a PERFECT day!! And just in the nick of time too because a really cold cold front came through that evening.
Here are the kiddos jumping around...
This next picture cracks me up, especially of Ashley. She looks like a jumping frog about to eat something. Plus their cousin is doing some kind of flying maneuver on the left.
Pizza and cake time!
The Dora cake. I admit it. I put virtually NO effort into this cake. I feel like in hindsight that I should have made it a little more Dora-like, but I cannot tell you the week I had had. It was all I could do to make this party happen. Besides, who cares how it looks once it's in your tummy!
Reagan with her Dora party hat on backwards...
Ashley enjoying her cake...
Present time! Sometimes I wonder why I try to get pictures of all the kids at once. This one turned out pretty cute. It took a lot to get to this one.
It was painstaking keeping the other kids out of the way so that you could actually see Ashley and Reagan in their own birthday pictures. Their little faces get lost in the midst of all the presents and kids. Here they are just getting started.
Reagan's working on her smiling face. A big improvement over 2 months ago when she would pout and put her head down in front of any camera.
Ashley opening what was one of her Christmas presents from the year before! Shame, shame on me! But we never actually opened it and they don't really need anything, so why not let her open it again?
Back to more bouncing...
They bounced ALL day! I think they (and myself) didn't recover for about 3 days. Ashley said all week that she was tired from the Dora bouncy house. Here they are with their balloons. Thought this was cute.
Cute picture of not only the bouncy house but tiny Ashley and her balloon at the end of the day.
Oh no - it's going down! They watch from afar.
Everyone's a little "deflated" until they get to help!
It was a GREAT birthday party! Great weather, lots of fun, everyone was happy!
Until this...
Typical in the life of twins. Who gets the stroller with baby boots to play with? Oh - if only there were another, exactly identical, stroller with baby boots. That would solve the problem for sure! Oh wait - look to the left - there IS another stroller! It didn't matter how many times I pointed that out to them, neither could let go of the one in play.
But my latest philosophy is this - you know it was a great time if it ends in crying or a meltdown!





Happy Birthday little girls! You are not so little anymore! I can see everybody had lots and lots of fun!
ReplyDelete