Monday, June 13, 2011

Good News!

Well I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but....Ashley is potty-trained!!!  We have ditched all diapers except for at night.  I am so glad to not fool with them anymore!

But the next thing is I have THREE kids to get out of those pull-ups at night.  So much for that extra sleep I've been getting now that school's out. I'm about to go cold turkey and take all the pull-ups away.

And...on another positive note....while we were on vacation last week, after only two times of me working with them in the pool, Ashley and Reagan can not only put their face in the water but they can actually do a glide to me from the steps!  Maybe they will pick up swimming faster than their older sisters!  I just wish I could teach them without worrying about all the other kids. You can't teach one to swim and not worry about watching the other three.  Hmmm.  But they are listening to me! Seems dumb to pay someone else when I can teach them (I used to teach swim lessons when I was in college). I didn't teach the big girls because they wouldn't cooperate for me but the little girls are. We will see but I'm thrilled with their progress!

I feel like the little girls are turning a major corner this summer.  In so many ways.  And I have to admit it is liberating!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!! So happy to hear the good news on the potty training! This is your summer for milestones!! Can you imagine how much greater NEXT summer will be??

    I hear you on the nerves at the swimming pool! Garrett and Landon want to be on their own so badly but I get so nervous. I can't wait to be one of those moms who sits on the side of the pool reading a book without a care in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i happen to find your blog when searching in the multiple Multiples... do you happen to live near College Station, TX?

    ReplyDelete