That's right. I've spent 7 years surviving. I don't know that I would say I'm thriving yet, but perhaps somewhere in between.
Life is getting easier. I'm getting more done (at least a little bit). I'm less frustrated, less resentful (which I shouldn't be resentful anyway - my life is blessed beyond measure, but we moms all have our days). I'm sleeping more. I feel like I can take on small things here and there, as opposed to nothing at all. It's getting more fun too. I feel more independent. We can rely more on babysitters and less on family. I LOVE getting out guilt-free. The little girls will sit in church! They sat for 30 minutes yesterday at the 1st Grade Awards Ceremony. (Of course I brought coloring books, but hey - That wouldn't have worked a year ago!) They don't cry when I leave anymore or drop them off somewhere. I don't have to chase after them all. the. time. We can do more as a family because the little girls aren't babies anymore.
Don't get me wrong. I still have a long way to go. My house is still cluttered. I'm still not cooking 5-course meals every night. I still have laundry piles all over my bedroom. But I think overall it's a little less cluttered.
Speaking of, as I look around, maybe I should get to work and get off the computer! Happy June! Hurricane season and being attached at the hip to 4 kids day in and day out - here we come!
Oh, but I AM actually looking forward to summer. I will not miss getting up for school, making lunches, or filling out reading logs every night! Yea!
When you get to sleep again, it makes a huge difference!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I really need to adopt your positive attitude! I tend to focus on things I can't do but now that the kids are a little older, we have more freedom and flexibility. No worries about nap and bottle schedules, diapers, etc. I really should be looking more forward to this summer instead of dreading it.
ReplyDeleteSo, after reading this post, I'm going to look at it differently. And hopefully that'll make our summer way more fun and enjoyable!!!
Glad you're feeling that you're a bit beyond survival mode now. And hey, just to encourage you..who makes 5 course meals? Who DOESN'T have clutter somewhere in their house? There are times I'm "caught up" on laundry, but everyone INSISTS on continuing to wear clothes, so I'm usually overwhelmed with laundry! I have a hunch you're doing better than you think! ;-)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I'm out of the surviving phase, too (probably because my second batch consisted of only one child...you're such an overachiever!!!). Life becomes more pleasurable when you can breathe a little.
ReplyDeleteI had to come here and tell you that I had the wierdest dream! I visited you guys and you lived in a beautiful house right on the ocean with a gorgeous patio, leading right out to the beach. And your husband took you and me rafting on the water and you got mad at him because your shorts got wet. It was the strangest dream. None of our kids were in it either so of course it was also a very peaceful dream...LOL!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. I'm a mom to two sets of twin girls also. Mine are all identical, 7 years apart. I'm excited to read more here. Have a wonderful day. God bless.
ReplyDelete