Monday, February 13, 2012

Anniversary Cake

Today we are celebrating 13 years of marriage, on the 13th of February! I don't think my husband will ever forget our anniversary because there are reminders of it everywhere. We celebrated Saturday night with a delicious steak dinner at Del Frisco's, and then went to see Cirque de Soleil's Michael Jackson Immortal. I'm a big Michael Jackson fan so I really enjoyed it. Supposedly it was very different though than normal Cirque de Soleil performances, so I am still going to want to go to another one sometime. But it was neat getting to go. A little bizarre to hear about Whitney Houston's death as we were on the way to the show. A tad emotional to see this wonderful tribute to Michael Jackson at the same time thinking about another sad death of such a great icon.

Anyway, this is completely not what I was going to write about. So, my mother-in-law came in town a couple days ago from Corpus Christi. It's a 3-hour drive. And you know what she brought with her? A cake! For our anniversary. For the odd number of 13 years. From my father-in-law. From Corpus Christi. And candles.


It kind of makes me laugh but I also think it is really sweet for a MAN to think to do something like that. And then send it 3 hours in a car with his wife. And he picked out German chocolate because I love it so much. Except that it's actually his own daughter that loves German chocolate. But given that I do love chocolate cake and I do love coconut, I am not exactly complaining. It's delicious!

Combine that cake with valentine candy pouring in and our 11 BOXES of Girl Scout cookies and we are pretty well set on desserts for a while.

By the way, our girls looked really cute while they sang "Happy Anniversary" to us. We weren't really sure what you sing on an anniversary, but we had to sing something because after all, we had candles!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!
    I think your 13th anniversary cake is sweet. A little funny, but sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary...a lvoely post and that cake looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome your FIL came up with the idea for the cake. Very thoughtful on his part. Congrat's on 13 yrs! We will be married 9 yrs in May but it seems like yesterday that we were married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!!! That is so sweet that your FIL made a cake for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete