Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines


Valentine's Day this year was simple and sweet. The girls made Valentines with both of their grandmothers.


Ashley and Reagan had a book exchange - they played hot potato with the books and when the music stopped on them they got to open a book. Great idea - so much better than all the usual junk that comes home!


Kaitlyn and Mackenzie each had class parties as well. That night I decided to serve them a candlelight ravioli dinner. I think it really made them feel special. And I think I should do it every night - no one got up and everyone sat still in their seat!


Mike showed up with a bouquet of balloons for each of us. Guess who gets the giant heart?


And I had to post this picture because it is quite hilarious if you look closely. For some reason the light reflected in the most peculiar way. Check out my grill! I had to enlarge it in order to truly see but we got a good laugh at the picture! Just call me Fifty Cent.


And the day ended on another funny note. Here is what I found in my bathroom - Reagan's box of Valentines. Guess she was needing some reading material!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of a book exchange! I know that my kids enjoy exchanging valentines, but I could do without all of the junk. One nice book would be enjoyed much more than 20 cheap valentines and candy. (and I'm dreading getting four 4yo to sign their names 20 times next year... Ugh!)

    What a great idea to serve dinner by candle light. I'll bet your girls feel grown-up. I may need to steal this idea next year.

    Here, you have been pretending to be a sweet, minivan-driving, housewife. Now we see you're really quite the gangsta! Ha! Love the grill!

    ReplyDelete