We had no desire to really have a big new year's eve this year. And yet I think it was still filled with quite a bit of activity.
First we took the kids to a Chinese buffet for dinner. Their first time having Chinese. I was really surprised it didn't go over so well. I think one had her mind made up from the get-go and the others followed suit. But they did like the ice cream machine.
Then we came home and popped fireworks. I really don't like home fireworks but Mike apparently does. And of course the kids got excited. Here they are lined up to be spectators.
Our neighbor had nieces in town so they saw us out back and came over to join us! Everything is more fun when there are more kids around!
Mike decided to use our kids' table as a launch site. I still think it's a miracle we don't have melted spots in the table. At one point, one of the fireworks lit up under the table and the whole thing looked like a UFO or rocket revving for takeoff!
Then we did the sparklers.
Mackenzie looks like she's spreading pixie dust!
Ashley in the ring of fire!
Even I got in on it!
We finished the fireworks and headed in for a movie - Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3. But first, I like to call this next pose "Zoolander."
Would you believe all kids stayed up til midnight? We thought watching the ball drop would have been good enough, but no, they ALL stayed up another hour. We rang in the new year twice - once at 11 and once at 12.
Happy New Year 2013! Ready for bed!





No comments:
Post a Comment