Valentine's Day began this year with the preschool party on the 13th.
This is what Valentine's Day in a house with 5 girls (that includes me) looks like (does NOT include goodies from mom!):
Kaitlyn's marshmallow strawberry creature she made at her school party.
And Mackenzie at her party (of which I am the room mom -whew! You think these parties are not a big deal but they really do kind of require a lot of prep work.)
Valentine mishap: Mike calls me after work to tell me he's on his way home. (By the way, we didn't really do anything this year on Valentines Day because we had a weekend getaway!) So Mike asks if I sent him a cookie cake. I'm all, "Uh, no. Did someone ELSE send you a cookie cake?" He tells me he got a cookie cake delivered to him at work but he wasn't completely sure it was meant for him. But now he's on his way home and has it with him and was taking Friday off so he can't even take it back the next day. Meanwhile, I'm feeling really terrible that someone didn't get their "valentine" and someone else paid for one that never made it to the right place. What a bummer! So he made some calls to the office and they eventually found out who it was for and luckily was sent from a vendor. The intended person said no biggie and to keep it. (That's all we needed was MORE sugar. I'm telling you, we cannot keep the sweets from coming into our house in massive amounts. We try but between grandparents, Valentine's day parties, girl scout cookies, and mishaps we truly have more than we can eat. Ugh!) Anyway, so now we have cookie cake. It was pretty darn good though.
And that's Valentine's Day, kid version. Getaway pics coming soon! (No, we didn't fly off to some exotic location - don't get too excited.)



No comments:
Post a Comment