On the big girls' actual birthday, I have to admit we (I) were rather lazy! It was kind of a cloudy dreary day and no one seemed to really want to get up and get moving so they just played all day with their presents they got at the party.
That evening we had family over to open presents.
There were rather funny opening a few of their gifts (like their cowgirl hats?). I gave Kaitlyn this pink, cool-looking shirt (not shown) for when school starts. She thought it was so strange and had several comments, including "well this was certainly unexpected." ??? Where does she come up with this stuff? But she was I guess being polite and smiling but really not sure what was up with the shirt. Personally I don't know why it was so strange.
Then they opened up a set of flippers and snorkeling mask from their little sisters and they also thought that was weird. I don't know why again since in the past they have acted like they would want those. Mackenzie walked around with a fake smile, saying "thank you so much!" with her eyes all strange. It was funny. At least they are making an effort to be gracious gift-openers!
Then we all went to dinner and just about everyone in our large extended family came! Here are the girls with their cousins!
And Kaitlyn and Mackenzie are officially Texans. What Texan hasn't celebrated their birthday at a Mexican restaurant, being sung to while wearing a sombrero? Que paso?
What was even more hilarious was once they got home they dug into their snorkel masks and fins that they thought was so strange and tried them on. Gotta love snorkeling mask photos!
So they are nine. One year short of a decade. Sometimes I really can't wrap my head around that!


No comments:
Post a Comment