Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My New Life

So the kids have been in school for about 3 weeks now. Now what? That's the question everyone wants to know. Well, I've been answering that question for the past year already, so here is my answer:

Go to the gym a lot more, volunteer at the school more, I'm still a Girl Scout leader, I'm also now a girls' activity leader at church plus I teach a Sunday School class, finally tackle some projects at home, and overall better at taking care of the house, in addition to all the errands, appointments, etc I was already doing when they were in preschool. And from 3pm until I hit the pillow there is no stopping! So I'd say my schedule's going to be pretty full!

Well, schedule is full but how am I actually doing? I have struggled a bit with finding some sort of routine, taking each day as it comes. I have this problem of when my kids are away I just want to be out of the house. However even I can't stay gone for 7 hours a day 5 days in a row. But when I am home I feel tired and don't want to be productive. Sometimes I get on a roll but just like normal it's hard to get started.

I go to the gym in the morning a few times a week. Then I feel tired and want to rest after that. Except I don't rest because that seems like a waste of time so I just fool around and be unproductive.

I don't like to eat lunch at home (never have), so I like to get out around lunchtime and go get me a little something to eat and then I can stay out and do errands or whatever. But then when I'm out doing errands I feel energized and want to go home and be productive.

So I'm having to rethink this. Perhaps get out earlier and then after lunch come home and do stuff around the house? 

And I DO have to say this - yes I am sounding like I am not getting much done but I think I truly am. I AM on top of the laundry and dishes better than before, and while I'm doing those things, I'm slowly putting odds and ends away and taking care of things. So I think slowly but surely I'm organizing, and then when I get some of those things crossed off the list I'm going to start on a project or two.

In the meantime I am slowly getting used to this "new life" that I have. While the alarm clock is my enemy, the day time hours are certainly my friend!

And the girls seem to all be adjusting to this year's schedule and school very well! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment