Monday, January 27, 2014

Ice Day

So even Houston got a BIT of the arctic weather last week. School was canceled for our ice. I was honestly surprised it was canceled. I suppose the bus schedule having a delay might have been problematic for the district. And more than that I think many faculty members probably shouldn't have been driving if they had to travel more than just a few miles. All our overpasses (which we have all over the city) were iced over. I heard on the news the city had over 500 wrecks Friday. So it probably was the right call. That being said, here is our "ice." It does seem a bit laughable that for this we had to cancel school. What can I say, we're Texans! Southeast Texans - we don't do ice and snow!



The kids decided to slide down our ice slide.



But most of the ice broke up on the first slide down.


They were jealous of all our friends with trampolines who had a fun time breaking up the ice!

Watch out for falling icicles! I heard those inch long icicles can be quite dangerous.


 And that was it. Hoorah.

Or was it? Tomorrow another arctic blast is coming...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment