Thursday, January 9, 2014

They're 6 Already!

It is really hard to believe. Not my BIG girls but my LITTLE girls are 6. My little girls really are big girls. And my big girls are almost tweens. Wow! That being said, they all continue to just get more fun! Life gets busier but it gets much more enjoyable!

So here are my precious LITTLE ones at their 6th birthday party!



Oh - and 6 years old and sickness must go hand in hand for our family. Kaitlyn and Mackenzie's 6th birthday had to be rescheduled because of a horrible stomach virus that had been going around. Ashley had gotten sick a few days before the party and I was definitely concerned about her not feeling up to her party. But thankful for answered prayers that she was okay by the day of the party. And fortunately no one else was feeling anything YET.

So we had the party! They had the party at this place called Great Play. We've only been there once about two years ago but I was very impressed. I wonder why not many people go there. (Though their party was a bit pricey - I don't mind so much since it's twins. I get two birthdays for the price of almost 1!) But it was super fun!

The kids did a lot of running!



And jumping!



And running!



And playing balloon volleyball!


























And running!




There was a medal ceremony at the end, after all that running. Reagan posed nicely for me several times, but she finally gave in and joined Ashley in her nutty posing. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? So here is their nutty medal ceremony pose!



And of course the best part...cake time! I made Reagan chocolate cupcakes with white icing. And Ashley had a white cake with chocolate icing. The theme was Sofia the First! They love Sofia the First (though Frozen may be their new love and may be taking first place over Sofia).




Their actual birthday was a few days later. In fact it was our last official day of Christmas break (which was unusually long this year). Unfortunately I am now sick (it has been making its way through the family now), and on the morning of their birthday I wasn't doing so good. I had this whole idea to take them back to see Frozen a second time (matinee this time), since they are distraught that they can't buy the movie yet, but I had to pass on account of me feeling like crud. Instead, Mike took the day off and he took them! He actually sat through it twice - proud of my hubby! He even stayed awake the whole time this time. But he took them to the movie and then we met up for lunch with my mom and step-dad at Souper Salad. And they got to have ice cream cones (okay I don't let them have cones very often - too messy!)




Then back to our house to open MORE presents. These girls are deprived, I tell ya! Truly, it IS hard - I believe their birthday should be celebrated as much as anyone else's, but they already have everything due to being the younger sisters, then they get Christmas, and then turn around and have a birthday. We have to literally come up with stuff to give them. But I think that's the fun of childhood. And then they go a whole year without really getting anything new. So I think it's ok.

So, here are some of the presents...


On the left their new Frozen dresses. Ashley's was terribly scratchy. She will have to wear a shirt under it but just to get a picture really fast we made her put it on without anything. Needless to say she did not cooperate. This was the best picture we could get. But the dresses are so pretty!

And the girls got their own suitcases finally! (Their big sisters are jealous of their cute, new suitcases!)

Now they are ready to conquer the world. Next up...losing teeth??

Happy 6th Birthday to Ashley and Reagan! They are such treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment