As my big girls 10th birthday approached, they were finally allowed (by me, of course) to get their ears pierced! I still can't believe they are that old and that they now have these cute little earrings sparkling up their precious lobes.
I was impressed. I could tell they definitely thought it hurt, but because they were wanting to do it they handled it like a champ.
Ta da! (By the way, my girls hate this picture, but it shows off their ears really well.)
Twin Challenge though - My mom had to come and take one of them out of the store and away while the other had hers pierced. I didn't think having the one who hadn't gone yet stand there and watch would be a good idea. What if girl #1 freaked out and then girl #2 wouldn't go through with it? Kind of like having shots all over again as little babies.
So my girls are growing up. We are entering tween phase. Oh boy. Kind of cool but not sure if I'm ready for it!
I was searching for a GF's blog and came across your interesting one. Saw your lovely family of two sets of twin girls and read about your oldest recently getting their ears pierced. I reminded me of when We did our oldest twin girls at 8 and the humorous story about their younger sister age 5 which followed the older girls having their ears pierced. I originally wanted our girls to decide as well, however, we found when one girl gets something, the other wants it too. Sound familiar? Want to share a funny story with you.
ReplyDeleteAfter piercing our G/G twins ears, we came home, showed daddy and he really loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why I hadn't had our YDD's daughter, aged 5 years old ears pierced too? I didn't know what to say, but then the twins showing off their cute earrings chimed in saying she wanted her baby sister to have matching earrings like theirs. Don't know if your older twins are as solicitous of their younger baby sisters as ours. I told him maybe she was too young? Wrong.
Now my family was ganging up on me! Everyone wanted the twins and their baby sister to have their ears pierced!
The next day, dh calls out to me from the family room asking me to come in there. Our 5 year old had gotten a pair of my pearl stud earrings and was trying to put them in her ears! Apparently, the older girls were showing off their earrings to their younger sibling and she wanted to have "earwigs" and look pretty like her older sisters :) She almost put one of my pearls in her ear canal! Dh laughed and told me, I told you that you should have pierced a-l-l the girls ears He said, "...please take Missy, our 4 year old to have them pierced before we have to take one of them to the ER to remove an earring!
Well, I asked our ped about doing our four girl. To my surprise, she encouraged me to do it now when
mommy can care for them properly causing fewer problems. So guess what...both my girls got their ears pierced ears within a week. Our 3 girls now have matching earrings and my husband loves all of is "daddy's little girls with earrings!" Taking care of all the girls earrings was very easy.
Don't know if you've considered having your younger twins ears pierced now too. However, it won't be long as they see their older sisters and Mommy with cute earrings, and promise you'll be hearing about sibling rivalry in action. Looking back, our ped was right, it actually was a good idea and it wasn't even mine. Since I was the only one who needed convincing. I know they grow up fast, but I have to admit the girls all look adorable with matching earrings and get so many compliments "...how cute" they both look with them. Mommy too :)
If the thought of having your younger twin girls ears pierced has crossed your mind, maybe your mommy intuition is telling you what I discovered, i.e., all the girls looked super cute with earrings. Bonus that they will look pretty in their upcoming holiday pictures.
Amy
What a crazy and funny story! So far my littles haven't cared, maybe because there are two of them they don't feel left out? Thanks for stopping by my blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading and responding to my comment. Like you, originally, I didn't think it mattered to our YDD to have her ears pierced like her older sisters and mommy. As you read, I was wrong on all fronts with Rick and the twins.
ReplyDeleteI know you said,"...maybe because there are two of them they don't feel left out? " However, as soon as they see their older sister's buying cute earrings, or start seeing other little girls their age with earrings, things will change :) It won't take them too long before they are saying, "...I want earwigs too like my sisters..."
Don't think it is a matter "if they'll want earrings," but when. My YDD like to dress in princess outfits so it was just natural for her to have earrings. After all, don't all little princesses wear earrings? Missy got tired of clip on earrings and stickers and wanted big girl earrings so it just seemed natural to go ahead earlier than her older twin siblings. She loved them.
After all, little girls look so cute and feminine with cute little earrings sparkling up their precious lobes. Do keep your jewelry box out of reach. However, maybe it might be a good idea to consider doing the younger girls now.
Amy