It's probably obvious to anyone keeping up with my blog (Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) that I'm just a little bit behind. And I hate to break up the blogs about the Big 1-0 birthday of the summer, but just had to share my random thoughts and moments of the day.
First, for Heroes Day (9/11 as recognized by our school), the kids sang God Bless the USA for any heroes that visited the school. I did not attend but this morning Ashley and Reagan were singing it on the way to school. What is it about that song? Add to it being sung by sweet, innocent children and this mom had big old tears flowing as we drove to school today.
Second, as I was listening to Talk Radio this morning, Michael Berry played a crazy song from the 70's called Disco Duck. I knew I wasn't crazy! Disco Duck IS an actual song! How do I know? Because I did a tap dance to it when I was about 5! But whatever happened to the song? It's one of those that I knew existed but couldn't even sing a line from it. I had started to question if there ever really was such a song. Did my child mind make that up into some crazy distorted memory? No. Thank you Michael Berry for validating the memory of my childhood. I think the picture on the right was my Disco Duck costume - kind of Donald Duck looking. Oh yes, that is definitely it - see my disco "pointing" fingers? This is all making sense.
Third, Ashley saw my To Do list today and decided to make one of her own. Wouldn't it be great to be a kid and have this as your To Do list?'
Translation for those that can't figure it out:
"My to do list:
Eat my breakfast
Play princess dolls
Play Wii
Play outside
Eat lunch
Draw a picture
Watch TV
Eat your snack
Have a drink
Sing songs
Play with Reagan
Paint
Take a shower
Eat dinner
Watch TV
Get ready for bed
Read 2 books
Go to sleep."
Play princess dolls
Play Wii
Play outside
Eat lunch
Draw a picture
Watch TV
Eat your snack
Have a drink
Sing songs
Play with Reagan
Paint
Take a shower
Eat dinner
Watch TV
Get ready for bed
Read 2 books
Go to sleep."
Ahh - the simple and wonderful life of a child!
That is all! We now return to our regularly scheduled program.


No comments:
Post a Comment