Why do they call it a slumber party? Really, does anyone ever slumber?
So, we live in a day and age where sleepovers and slumber parties are becoming more and more rare. It is sad because nobody trusts anybody. Almost at least. We do sleepover stuff with our girl scouts. And my daughters have one friend that they do sleepovers with. So at least they are getting the experience. But they asked for a slumber party for their 10th birthday and I thought, given the many slumber parties I had and also went to, that I certainly owed them that. Oh, and they wanted a swimming party. So we ended up renting this big splash inflatable and then had girls stay over for the night. About half stayed over.
The inflatable was school. It was like a giant double slip n slide. So they got to have lots of races. Until it turned into acrobatics down the row and such.
We had water balloon toss games and other outdoor games.
And they SO wanted a piñata. The theme was a "mustache" party. (OK, I do not get the mustache thing. I mean, I get the play on words often used, but I do not get why people find it funny or like it. It weirds me out. But my kids think it is funny so a mustache party it is!)
Their cake, with 10 little mustache candles!
It was a great turnout! Like I said, about half the girls stayed over.
No, the girls did not go to bed. Yes, they somehow knew the old play a trick on the first to go to bed. I didn't like the trick either. At least the victims (one being one of my own) were good sports. I was not happy though. Would I do it again? I don't know. The biggest problem was really not being able to sleep. After preparing all day for the party, then putting the whole thing on and being the entertainer for hours, I was so exhausted! But no sleep for the weary. Oh, we even watched a movie late, and when it was over at midnight, they all got this second wind and my plan had backfired!
So, did they have fun? They had a great time. That's really all that matters. Happy Birthday to my big girls. Double digits. A decade old. Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment