Another Halloween has come and gone. Up until the last week Kaitlyn was going to be Snow White, her favorite princess. But nearly every year she dresses up as a princess because that's what Mackenzie does. Kaitlyn never wants to dress up in princess stuff, so I always find it odd that she chooses that for Halloween. This year, a week before, she decided to change her mind. She wanted to be something scary....she wanted to be a bat! I'm so glad she went with her own idea this time. So here they are....
The little mermaid. I told her to do a mermaid pose so she is swimming. Isn't she adorable? (But I am wondering why the Ariel costume really doesn't look anything like the real Ariel at all? Ever wonder why Disney does that?)
And here we have the bat doing her best scary bat pose. She was doing this to people who answered doors and other trick-or-treaters. She had a blast! And she and I both are very proud of our homemade bat costume!
And the little bugs....these costumes were resurrected from Kaitlyn and Mackenzie's stash. Their pics are actually from a neighborhood fall festival the week before. Ashley, the fastest kid in the west, was impossible to capture a picture of on Halloween night. She was running everywhere!! So here is my little bumblebee on the slide...
And my sweet little ladybug. She was a little easier to get some shots of.
Together on the double slide...
Ashley & Reagan actually had a great time trick-or-treating. They rode some in the stroller and walked some. They enjoyed having people put stuff in their buckets, even though they had no idea what it was. But they knew it must have been something good because as we got further along they started putting up a fuss if they too didn't go up to every door and get something in their bucket! They had a great time until the end. The double meltdown was a sign it was time to head home. Poor PaPa had to carry Ashley about 3 or 4 blocks screaming and thrashing. Ahh the joys of 2! (2 years old, that is!) It's approaching fast. I can see the changes. I carried Reagan as well those last few blocks, but at least she wasn't kicking and screaming! She saved that for when we got in the house. All in all it was a great Halloween!
On a side note, our little bumblebee won an overall best costume award at the neighborhood fall festival! Still waiting to pick up that trophy. I feel a little dumb since the mom with the trophies was saying it wasn't a big deal. But it is to ME! None of my kids have a trophy so we would love to have it. Going to have to ask again. We left before the awards were announced which is why we don't have it. So what was it that made her win? I think it must be the little stinger on her butt!
So cute! Your kids are adorable, Kim!
ReplyDeleteMine are 20 months apart. A little closer than I probably would have wanted, but we'll take 'em! I guess it was a conversation piece to admit to having four kids UNDER the age of two for a while.
ReplyDeleteSure, I'll add you when I go private. Just send your google email address to me at angras (at) aol (dot) com.
Our ward is enormous. The primary alone has over 300 children and the nursery situation is a little out of control (huge classes in tiny rooms). We're waiting to be split any week now...
Can you believe that besides Leah, who lives down the street, I have a few other friends closeby who have two sets? Small world when you start looking for it, I guess.