Tuesday, November 17, 2009

They're Drinking Milk From a Cup!

I can't believe it! 22 months old and FINALLY they are drinking milk from the sippy cup! I think Reagan is home free and in the last 2 days I have gotten Ashley to do it several times. Hallelujah there is a light at the end of the tunnel! No I haven't gone cold turkey but I cut the bottle down to just before nap and bed and just keep offering the cup, different cups, games with the cups, etc. Now we're down to just the one bottle before bed. Why it's suddenly working now I don't know. Probably because I'm getting much more aggressive. I think they can see they're not getting out of this. I feel relieved because I wasn't going to let them turn 2 and still be on the bottle.

Up until now, this has been the scene upon giving them milk in a cup....totally rejected! (And don't you just love the rest of the mess on the floor?)




We have lots of big transitions in the year ahead: take down the cribs, potty training, no more naps (for my kids most likely), but once the bottles are gone the one I will work on next is getting rid of Reagan's binky.

No comments:

Post a Comment