It's funny - I get comments often like I must be the expert on raising twins. So not!! It is so funny that I was given twins, twice, because all the hard baby/toddler stuff is just a little unnatural to me! This does not exclude potty training.
So as I mentioned before, Reagan is self-training herself. I like this MUCH better. Ashley can't quite seem to figure it out. I'll give her 2 more months and then we really might have to have our own potty training boot camp. Goodness let's hope not.
But back to Reagan. So another story about the gym. Same day in fact. I was on the treadmill and had a half-mile left to go. I'm happily walking to the beat of whatever song is on my iPod, a new discovery for me, when I faintly hear this, "excuse me..." I turn to my left and there is this sweet child care lady and my mind is quickly thinking of all the different scenarios that might be going on that she would need to come stop me in my workout.
She tells me that Reagan decided to use the potty, threw her diaper in the trash, and is running around half-naked. Lovely. So I tell her where my diapers are and she agrees to just stick one on her. I restart my machine while hoping my body doesn't go into shock from the stopping and starting. I go about another minute or two when another nice young lady calls out..."excuse me..."
Now what? Good grief - twice in one day! This time I couldn't even understand the problem. Something about Ashley then getting on the potty and then she lost me after that. I volunteered to just come downstairs and take care of the problem. Afterall, I'm pretty sure that as their mother that's what I'm supposed to do. So I get down there and Ashley is stinky. Then they tell me there is only one diaper in my bag but 2 kids needing a diaper. Reagan has her little skort back on so they explain that they didn't know what to do so she has on no diaper underneath. Luckily they found an extra diaper lying around, I took both kids into the restroom and got everybody taken care of. No more naked children running around. Good thing there were no other kids in there. It was almost closing time. I think the other parents wouldn't have enjoyed that too much.
My other story is short but cute. Reagan is mostly going #1 but the other day finally went #2. Of course I ranted and raved over her. She was so excited and looked in the potty and exclaimed "Wow! That's awesome!" So funny - especially considering I've never heard her use the word awesome before!
More stories to come, I'm sure....
How fabulous that Reagan has decided to handle this herself! Could you ask her to talk to my crew about this. Actually, they are starting to take a real interest in the potty, but I'm so scared to start this overwhelming process that I'm not really encouraging them.
ReplyDeleteGo Reagan, go! You are that much closer to a life without diapers-- that is living the dream!!
Good for Reagan for trying to figure it out on her own!! Ashley will get the hang of it, trust me.
ReplyDeleteLandon was way more interested than Garrett was but once they began school, Garrett had a few accidents, but then seemed to catch on. I think it helped that technically they're supposed to be 100% potty trained (including wiping their own butts...yeah right) for school and Garrett had to do the speedy bootcamp version of potty training.
So of course, now that the little twins are potty trained guess who's crapping in their pants now? Cole. Yes, my 5 yr old (soon to be 6-yr old) is back to pooping in his pants.
The one thing that should keep you motivated is knowing how CLOSE you are to being done with diapers!!!!! I just kept seeing dollar signs in my head every time I had to fight when the little twins to use the potty.
Hang in there!!!!