The rodeo concerts are really the highlight of the Rodeo. I think the last one we went to was Bon Jovi years ago. So now that's easier for us to get away, we went to Blake Shelton! It was fun - getting decked out and just Mike and I to enjoy a good time. And I finally got a cowgirl hat! I've been wanting one for a long time. Would be great for the beach and stuff, even though I really don't like how I look in hats.
We love watching Blake Shelton on The Voice. We actually had pretty good seats too! Too bad the iPhone couldn't take good pictures but here's what we got.
Rodeo concerts are a bit strange. First of all they are short - like 45 minutes, which is kind of a bummer but they are also cheap. The Houston Rodeo has this rotating stage that apparently is quite unique. It just turns around the whole time.
So what else happens at the rodeo? Just thought I'd write about it since many of you have mentioned that you've never been to one. First of all the Houston rodeo's not quite like any of the others. It's the largest in the world. So a lot more fan fare than at smaller rodeos. As for me, I can go city or country and be comfortable either way. I'm probably a little more city than I am country but then again, I am a Texas Aggie and you can't get much more country than that!
So I'll admit, I'm not really into the actual rodeo. But I like all that goes with it. We did watch the bull riding (which gives me anxiety), and barrel races, and a few other things like that. My favorite (I'm like a child) are the chuck wagon races and the calf scramble. The calf scramble is where a bunch of teenagers come out and have to chase all these calfs running all over the arena and rope them and bring them into the marked center. It's pretty funny. But again, you watch some of the rodeo and then you get a concert! And it's fun to dress up! Call me fair weather, that's fine. I'm not a real cowgirl. And then there's the carnival which is HUGE! The Houston rodeo carnival compares to a state fair. Huge. Plus you go look at all the livestock and there are TONS of vendors. You could just have fun shopping if you had the time.
So that's that. As for Blake Shelton, he has a great voice! He sounds just the same live as he does on the radio. Then again, I probably thought that about Milli Vanilli when I saw them in high school too! We got duped!


Sounds like fun! A rodeo sounds like something that would be fun to experience once or twice. I'm not much of a cowgirl, but definitely interesting.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guy got out for a fun date night. And I love the cowgirl hat!