Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Day in the Life

Spring break is starting to wind down. Vacation blogs to come. In the meantime, I had a strange day.


We got home last night from a 4-day vacation to San Antonio. So today we spent the day recuperating and hanging around the house. Mike decided to take our van in for an oil change and to have our stupid sliding door fixed. It sticks and has been doing so for about 2 years now. We had them look at it once before and of course it worked perfectly for the mechanics. It has progressively gotten worse and sticks about 90-95% of the time. It's also our carpool side door. Of course. What do you think happened at the dealership today? If you guessed that it worked perfectly then you're correct! Are you kidding me? Mike told them to fix it anyway. So I guess it was a good day to be carless since the kids were happy to be home.


We learned today that the tooth fairy takes spring break. Mackenzie lost a tooth on Saturday but she didn't sleep in her bed that night so the tooth fairy didn't come. We had already learned that one night when Kaitlyn slept on the couch. So last night when we got back from our trip, Mackenzie put the tooth out again but this morning we realized she must not work on spring break.


I ordered new bedding for the big girls. I found the perfect bedding to make their room just a little more grown up without having to change any other thing in the room, including paint. The big box arrived while we were out of town and I forgot to ask someone to check our porch for it. When I inspected the box, it had completely been tampered with. It was barely hanging together and much of the box had been ripped open. I guess some shmuck was disappointed to see little girls' bedding inside and decided not to steal whatever was in it after all. I just hope this was done in route and not actually on my front porch.


Here is the bedding - Kaitlyn reversed her side to all pink. One - she loves pink, and two - she and Mackenzie loved the idea of having "different" bedding.



Mackenzie was giving makeovers and spa treatments tonight in her room, which explained why Reagan ate dinner in her bathrobe. Mackenzie had her makeup kit out (yes she has a makeup kit - a caboodle in fact) and her new bedding all set up for a pampering session. So I let her "pamper" me - warm washcloth on my feet and everything. I owe her a dollar. And I actually realized I think I want to start wearing purple eyeshadow. Except that after wearing eyeshadow for the last 12 years I have kind of quit this whole school year, except on special occasions. It's been nice with one less thing to do in the morning.

Tonight I could hear all four girls doing the can-can upstairs. Then I heard them coming down the 
stairs to surprise me with a performance. What I WASN'T expecting was for all four of them to have on underwear over their pajamas and also wrapped around their heads! Hilarious! LOTS of giggles! That is until Kaitlyn hit Ashley who then started screaming. I was all set to video this hilarious moment when it ended too soon.

And now I just checked on the girls. New bedding and still neither is in their bed. Mackenzie was doing great all school year finally sleeping in her bed but lately she has been back to the couch where she is closer to our room. Kaitlyn has always slept in her bed (at least since she was about 4 years old) and lately has decided it's uncomfortable so she has been sleeping a lot on either the upstairs couch or the guest bed. Go figure. And the little girls most nights end up in my floor. Does anyone else feel like they have blankets literally all over the house? They are everywhere!

And that's the way it goes in our household. Looking forward to a fun day tomorrow. Oh, and last night a car drove into the man-made lake near our house. Literally IN the neighborhood. Crazy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment