Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Love You and Like You


Reagan's a Mommy's girl. And you know what she says to me probably every other day? "Mommy, I love you AND like you."

She really is a sweetheart most of the time. She's been saying that for over a year now. Yesterday at gymnastics I was watching in the lobby and noticed I didn't see her. My eyes scanned around the gym to find her. I could barely see the top of her head through the viewing window and realized she was at the water fountain. On her way back to the gym she stopped at the door which was closed. Again there was just one of those tiny windows so all I could see was a little portion of her head. "Mommy!" she yelled through the door. "What Reagan?" I hollered. "I love you and like you!" Then she ran off back to her class.

I must say I was the envy of all the moms at that moment! Felt good.

Although I have heard her say a few times recently when she is not getting along with her sisters, "I have to love her but I don't have to LIKE her." Ouch.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...what a truly lovely post...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. And yes, all of those others moms were very jealous!

    ReplyDelete