Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

We have no shortage of eggs around here. We went to an egg hunt last weekend at church and they were so many eggs! That egg hunt alone would have been enough for all of Easter. Look how much they got. But the cute part were these photos they were taking. Look at the sweet bunny and puppy the girls were holding.


Saturday we dyed eggs, but this year we used a box that made "speckled" eggs. It involved sponge painting with the dye. It was definitely too advanced and in the middle I was wondering what on earth made me think I should buy that dye set. But once it was over, even though they didn't really do it the way it was intended, I thought they were prettier than the normal dyed eggs.


We had SUCH a busy week last week that we didn't get a chance to do our Christ-Filled Easter book like last year. I did manage though Saturday night to read a children's book about Easter that's quite detailed beginning with Palm Sunday. So even though we didn't do any activities, it was almost like at least having a nearly 30-minute lesson about the Savior's last week. It was a good precursor to Sunday morning.

The Easter Bunny mostly hid eggs inside this year. I think the Easter Bunny must be tired. He hid a few on the patio. Still the girls had a good time and he was such a good hider this year that even yesterday a few eggs were still found.


After church and lunch we came home and for the first time did confetti eggs. That was cute.


Kaitlyn got NaNaw pretty good. Cracked one right on her head from the fort in the swingset when she wasn't expecting it!


Then dinner at MeMe's followed by ANOTHER egg hunt. Mackenzie loved these little chicky eggs.


Picture with the cousins - no one really enjoyed sitting in the itchy grass. They humored us though.


And that was it. Anybody need any sugar? We have plenty to give away!

3 comments:

  1. Your girls are so pretty!
    I can not believe how many eggs they got. I think you have enough candy to make it through spring and summer :-)
    With our spring break running the week before Easter, we were so busy running, running, running that I had a hard time keeping the focus on the meaning of Easter. It sounds like at least you got in a nice lesson with your book.
    We need to try confetti eggs. My kids would absolutely love those!

    As far as my family goes, yes we are able to do more. In fact, some days I feel like I need to keep the kids out and doing things. If they are bored and getting on each others nerves? That is a tough day! While they wear me out, I'm starting to believe I may survive this yet!

    Glad you guys had a happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you all had a fantastic Easter! The dyed eggs might have been a huge pain in the butt but they sure came out pretty!!!

    The sugar is crazy, isn't it? My kids got so much candy they could feed the entire orphan population in Africa.

    I love all your pictures!!!! The girls are all getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous pics! Can't believe the eggs your girls got...i would have been very scared of all that sugar!!
    Your dyed eggs are lovely although i can understand you haviing second thoughts, lol!

    ReplyDelete