This year we went to the rodeo carnival with the kids again during spring break. I think we may be done with it for a while. The safety of the rides concerns me a bit. We used to go every spring break because we never wanted to travel with the kids so it gave them at least something to look forward to. But now that we can go places, maybe we don't need to keep going every year. I also have realized lately now that they're getting a bit bigger that I don't need to take the good camera to every single event. We have enough pictures of rodeo from year after year. This year we relied solely on our phones. It's certainly easier on the back! And we literally dusted off the stroller for the big day - I never thought I would see the day! I've almost gotten rid of it a few times but I already got rid of the umbrella stroller and this is all we have left. Glad I didn't do it yet. Plus this is so much easier to push than pulling the wagon. And the girls can sleep if they need to.
This dragon ride has always been a favorite of the kids. (Notice the old Astrodome in the background. The first of its kind now falling apart.)
Mackenzie's learned it's cool to put your hands up. I told her she better not let Ashley do that on the ride. Can you find them?
Ready for takeoff!
What hot day isn't perfectly topped off with an ice cream cone?
Here come the big girls with Mike on the skyride. No way am I putting the little girls up there.
And since technically we are actually AT the rodeo (though not inside for the show), we finally went to the pig races this year. It was pretty funny - and they can definitely run pretty darn fast!



I love going to local festivals, but I absolutely hate putting my kids on those rides! I feel like they were set up by minimum wage workers with the intent of taking them down just a few days later. I do not trust them! Still, it is fun to get out with the family and enjoy the day.
ReplyDeleteWe don't use a stroller or wagon much anymore, but we are definitely not ready to get rid of them. Certain outings are just easier with them.