This year only Mackenzie decided to continue with dance. While Kaitlyn has moved onto gymnastics, Mackenzie not only took tap and ballet this year but added jazz. We had her recital last week. I think she enjoyed having the big day just for her.
I am loving this photo that I took of some of the girls while they were waiting in the dressing room. Was playing around with some of the editing features.
First dance: Ballet to "The Rose" - instrumental version. Hello, high school choir and drill team solos all over again... "Some say love...."
Next up: Jazz to "Joy to the World" - not the Christmas song, but "Jeremiah was a bullfrog...." This one was a real crowd pleaser and the girls had a lot of fun doing it.
Followed by another fun one: Tap to "The Flinstones" - yes, "meet the Flinstones..." I think it was maybe a B52's version? At least it sounded a little wacky. I have no idea if there is a B52's version of the Flinstones but that would be my guess. Loveshack, anyone? Admit it, who doesn't love the B52's?
The girls really enjoyed this one too. I was most impressed by the pretty fancy footwork they had going on during parts of it. They are really all starting to look like dancers now. I have to say, while Mackenzie was one of the oldest ones in her class this year, I was impressed that she probably knew her dances better than anyone and I noticed a lot of the girls were often watching her. She's the one with her arms up in the air in the photo above.
And last and probably least: We did a mother/daughter dance this year. It took a few extra practices but it was definitely worth it. It's the ONLY thing Kaitlyn was maybe a little jealous of. But I never did it before because I knew making the extra practices would be difficult, especially since I would need someone to actually babysit my other kids. This year with it being only one child I thought it would be extra special to do it and help build memories for Mackenzie. It makes me want to look for more opportunities to do one on one things with my other kids as well.
Oh, we don't have pictures of the actual dance. I had the camera but we did make it on video! It was a TimeWarp medley. We did the Charleston, Jitterbug, and the Twist. The older girls got the next three dances and I must say all us moms were jealous of the second group - they had that Watussi song (you'd know it if I could sing it for you - oh, I think it's called Land of 1000 Dances), Stayin' Alive, and a hip-hop song from high school (honestly can't remember at the moment). Still, it was a good time and the finale to the whole recital.
The spectators:
And the STAR!!!!



Awww...how sweet...i miss these productions now that Miss Teen is focusing more on studies but have it all to look forward to again with the twins! Your pics are gorgeous and i love that you took part in a mummy/daughter dance too!She looks so proud!!
ReplyDelete