Friday, May 4, 2012

Twin Challenge #13: Insurance Mix-Ups

Since my first set was born, we have occasionally had to deal with insurance mix-ups at the pharmacy. Today was one of those days. They wouldn't cover Kaitlyn's antibiotic because Mackenzie got the same antibiotic a week ago.

(Guess who's had sick kids this week?)

So I'm sitting in the drive-thru forever while they try to sort this out. They had said I could come back tomorrow. Long story but that's actually okay - it CAN wait til tomorrow - but none of this should have been an issue at all. They finally come back to the window and tell me they are going to override it and to drive around and wait back in line for the prescription to be ready. Excuse me? I am not going to do that.

I remember a time years ago when I had to drive back through and I'd been in the car with screaming sick babies for 20 minutes already. This was not exactly the same as my kids today were fine watching a movie, but we were ready to go home regardless.

So I'm annoyed with the insurance company for not paying attention to what they're doing, yet again, and I'm annoyed with Walgreens for thinking it's okay to make me wait in line twice for the same thing.

Just a twin thing that happens from time to time. Not an interesting post, just a twin challenge that happens to be an annoyance.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that! I have told Walgreens that they need to do better with marking twins as TWINS. They blame it on the insurance...but I'm not so sure it's the insurance's fault.

    ReplyDelete